About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Think about the Cross


There will be lots of talk about the resurrection this week. There should be. I agree with the Apostle Paul that without our belief in the resurrection we are miserable. Preaching is in vain. New life is not possible. But, I don't want to make a mistake this week by rushing past the cross to view the empty tomb. I want to meditate on the cross. I need to meditate on the cross. As I gaze upon my Savior I think about John's testimony in the fourth gospel. If Jesus is lifted up, He will draw us to Himself. Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified so that we could be drawn to His great love. Not only am I drawn to His great love, I am drawn to His words of forgiveness. It's not possible for me to count the number of times I have read the words. I don't know how many times I have heard them in a sermon. But, they still captivate me and they draw me to Jesus. It's as if He is speaking to me. "Father forgive Him". They take on fresh meaning in my life. How many times have I offended God? How many times have I disappointed Him? How many times has He forgiven me?

No comments: