About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Leap of Faith

Theism requires a leap of faith, but it is a leap into the light, not into the Dark.
Dean Overman (A Case for the Existence of God)

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
Hebrews 11:6

Have you ever wondered why the disciples did not understand important teachings of Jesus until after the resurrection? It may have had something to do with belief. Years after the resurrection of Jesus, the writer of Hebrews explained some things about belief. Belief is a catalyst. It is the initiative that sparks a search to know God and to be near God. But, belief in God is always a leap of faith. It requires us to venture away from our own neat and tidy understanding into a world of knowing that is bigger than us. But, it is not a leap into the dark. It is not a dead end because faith is not the goal. Faith is a bridge. Our leap of faith is a journey a part of our journey to God. If we leap by faith to belive in God, God rewards us. There is Light at the end of our journey. Our faith allows us to know God and see everything differently: in the light of His love.

No comments: