About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 20, 2009

What's in a name?


Last weekend, Adam Dunn of the Washington Nationals played baseball sporting a uniform minus the "o" in Nationals. Aren't uniforms supposed to be uniform? Even though his jersey was flawed, he was still able to play the game. Sometimes we focus on the outside and forget that it is what's on the inside that matters. Last Sunday morning I talked a little bit about the message of Jesus toward the church at Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6). According to Jesus the church at Sardis had a reputation (outward appearance) of being alive, but the church was dead on the inside. It's a great message for the church in America today. We cannot continue to be more concerned with whether we give the appearance of life and vitality than we are with heart and character issues. Real life is a heart issue.

1 comment:

Kim Williams said...

How true this is. I love reading your writings. You do it so well! And I always need something you say. Especially this one!