About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Post-Resurrection Living

Jesus is Alive! Churches all over proclaimed the Risen Lord yesterday. Now it's Monday. Jesus is still alive. Is our faith? Is it vibrant, life-changing, decision-altering faith? A couple of decades ago Brennan Manning penned the following:

I can think of no other time in history when the name of Jesus has been so frequently mentioned and content of His life and teaching so thoroughly ignored.

Twenty years later I think Manning's words still hold the same sting. Our belief in a death shattering, living God should have more than a casual occasional impact on our living. Several years ago I shared a message series entitled "The Resurrection, Now What?" It's still a good question.

No comments: