About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April Showers

Outside my window is a large pear tree. In the past few weeks I have watched the transformation from winter to spring. It is a reminder to me of the kind of transformation that was a catalyst of faith in the life of Brother Lawrence in the 17th century. Brother Lawrence was looking at barren tree one winter day and his anticipation of leaves, blossoms and fruit gave him a "profound impression of God's providence and power, which never left him". It's a great thought for us in the week after Easter celebrations. God's power brings new life. God's provision sustains life and provides meaning and fruitfulness in life. Brother Lawrence is known for his commitment to "the practice of the presence of God". True contentment is found when we enjoy His presence daily.

No comments: