About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Worship

The Christmas narrative in Luke evokes several responses from me. As I read about the journey of Mary and Joseph to Bethlehem I can't help but wonder what they were thinking. I remember my own anticipation as Lynn and I neared Christmas Eve of 1996 when our son Nick was born. I had a lot of questions about being a father (and still do). But more than anything, I was filled with anxious anticipation. When Nick finally arrived, my anticipation shifted quickly to awe. On the one hand it was surreal. On the other hand it was an overwhelming sense of the greatness and presence of a miracle from God. As I stared at the beautiful little person that God had given to us, I was captured with the miracle of the moment. In Luke 2, the shepherds give us a snapshot of wonder and awe. I'm sure they had no idea what to anticipate as they hurried to find the baby in the manger. But, when they arrived, their anticipation turned to awe. As they left they spread their wonder and awe to everyone who would listen.

No comments: