About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Glory to God

On the night Jesus was born, the angels proclaimed "Glory to God in the highest" (Luke 2:14). Their exclamation was an obvious expression of worship. Real worship expresses the worthiness of God to receive our adoration. It shifts our focus toward a magnificent and majestic God. For the past few weeks I have been reminded of my need to shift my focus toward God. Distractions are plentiful this time of year. Yet, none of these distractions is worthy of my worship. I desire to keep Jesus at the center of all I do. I want the Spirit of Christ to invade my life every day. I want His presence to shine through me so that my living glorifies God.

No comments: