About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Best Gift

It's December now. That means I am another year older(45 if you're counting). It also means that we have entered into the Christmas season. It's a time when we invest too much attention on "gifts" and not enough of our focus on the greatest gift ever given. When Jesus arrived, He was relegated to a manger because there was no room in the Inn in Bethlehem. Luke's description is an accurate commentary on our view of God. Francis Chan's remarks cut to the heart: "We see Him as a benevolent Being who is satisfied when people manage to fit Him into their lives in some small way...Jesus came humbly as a servant, but He never begs us to give Him some small part of ourselves. He commands everything from His followers".

No comments: