About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Have you seen Jesus?

I continue to be captivated by the description of the birth of Jesus in Luke. Jesus is born, wrapped in swaddling cloths and placed in a feed trough converted into a baby bed. The manger seems an unlikely location to herald the arrival of the Savior. Yet, it was a very significant marker for the shepherds. When the shepherds were enlightened by an angel there were given a sign. They would find Jesus "lying in a manger". Sure enough, when they found Jesus (even though it was in a strange place), they recognized Him. How many times have we failed to recognize Jesus this week? In His description of rewards and judgment in Matthew 25, Jesus noted that when we see people who are hungry, thirsty, sick or imprisoned we have an opportunity to see Him.

No comments: