About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Let Him In

At first, the book of Revelation seems an odd place to find a text for a Christmas message. However, it really shouldn't seem odd. After all the "Revelation" that gives the book its name is all about Jesus and the message of Christmas is all about the "Revelation" of the Savior. What I discovered in Revelation 3 was a strange parrallel to Luke 2. In Luke 2 we are told that the baby Jesus was placed in a manger "because there was no room in the inn". The door to the inn was shut. He as not allowed inside. In Revelation 3, we read a message from Jesus (not as a baby, but as the one who gives life to the church). The message to a lukewarm church at Laodicea is simple. Jesus stands at the door and knocks. If we let Him in, He will commune with us in every part of our lives. His presence will invade the ordinary and transform it. These three words have captivated my heart this week as we celebrate the birth of Jesus: "let Him in".

No comments: