About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 8, 2008

Jesus in the Manger

Nativity scenes are easy to find around Christmas. They are one of best loved of all Christmas decorations. The baby Jesus is the focal point of worship in the midst of Mary, Joseph, some shepherds and stable animals. Despite the fact that I think the manger (feed trough) symbolizes are tendency to push Jesus out of our lives, the fact that God revealed Himself to shepherds who were willing to find their way to worship Him is powerful. It brings me to a great expression of worship that I read about this week. In his book, Crazy Love, Francis Chan describes a young blind boy in Uganda as being "totally content and obviously in love with Jesus". I love that description and I think in some way it is the goal of every nativity scene to somehow depict that quality on the faces of those looking at the baby. It's my desire to be obviously in love with Jesus every day of my life.

No comments: