About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Swim Strong

"If life is a river, then pursuing Christ requires swimming upstream. When we stop swimming, or actively following Him, we automatically begin to be swept downstream."
Francis Chan

The words of Francis Chann remind us that following Jesus is not effortless. At times, it takes great effort - but it is effort that is fueled by our passion for Him. Think of it in terms of the Christmas story. Mary had to swim through her questions. Joseph had to swim through his fears. The shepherds had to swim through their limited understanding. But each one of them was captured by their love of the Savior.

No comments: