About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Why does the year begin in Winter?

Happy New Year. After enjoying unseasonably warm temperatures during the month of December we have been greeted with unseasonably cold temperatures to start the year. Why do we start the New Year in winter? New Year is a time for new things. Yet, it begins when all the vegetation is dead. Seems like Spring would be a better time for New Year. I know what you're thinking - it's not cold and dead everywhere. I know, I lived in Arizona for five years. But, in the great paradox of God's truth life begins with death.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ah, nice closing! The paradox of trading Jesus' death for our eternal lives. And the greatest miracle of all - resurrection - could never have happened without first the death.