About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 4, 2008

Pray

I received emails from three different friends today asking for prayer for people in Kenya, Africa. You may have seen some coverage of the current unrest. The situation in Kenya is perilous and I have a number of connections to people in both Kenya and Uganda who are being affected. It is unusual to receive three requests in one day from unrelated people about the same need. Without the blessing of prayer I know that I would feel saddened and helpless. It is such a blessing to be able to call the names of those who are struggling and know that God sees them and knows their situation and He will supply grace for what they will encounter today.

1 comment:

Lucas Lloyd said...

I know I'm chiming in a week late, but consider me #4 for requesting prayer for the Kenya situation. My roommate is from Kenya, and his entire family is there right in the middle of it all. He is indirectly feeling all the effects of the tragic situation there. He feels the rage that his family and about 90% of the population is feeling that a single man is clinging to power there despite the votes of the population. The violence and choas that has resulted has already shut down the commerce there, which is harming everybody. But he also fears that the anger that people are feeling towards that political figure and his tribe might lead to civil war and genocide.