About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

National Champions

I watched the BCS Championship Game last night. LSU and Ohio State University battled to see who would be crowned the best team in college football. LSU won a decisive victory over the Buckeyes despite the fact that Ohio State jumped out to a 10-0 lead early. LSU responded by scoring the next 31 points. What if you tuned in during the first quarter and were asked to predict the outcome? It looked as though Ohio State had the upper hand and that they would be able to dominate LSU. Sometimes our perspective on life is similar. We may be caught up in the midst of a particular challenge and feel like the "game" is already lost. God always has a long term perspective. We need to trust in His vantage point. I have come to cherish the words of the Apostle: He who has begun a good work in me will complete it (Philippians 1:6).

No comments: