About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Father Son

On Saturday mornings Nicholas removes all doubt of whether he has inherited some of my DNA. I remember when I was a little boy. I always woke up early on Saturdays. I remember sneaking down the hallway and making my way to the den. Once I arrived I would either read or turn on the TV. Those were the good old days when you could catch a good agricultural show about how to pick out the best salt block at the farm store (great television for a 6 year old). Needless to say I was a little jealous of the fact that Nick was able to watch ESPN at 6:00 this morning. I never told him or taught him to get up at the crack of dawn on Saturdays. It's just a natural thing for him to do. I wish the traits that our heavenly Father has given to us were reflected as clearly and naturally.

No comments: