About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, January 18, 2008

Encouragement from a giant

I was reading a quote today from Hudson Taylor, the great missionary. Taylor reminds us that "all God's giants have been weak men, who did great things for God because they reckoned on his being with them". Lately, I have been sharing messages about our need to "lose the old and put on the new". When we make fresh commitments or reaffirm our old ones we run into the challenge of endurance. When our endurance and perseverance is tested physically, coaches will tell you to reach deep within and find the courage to go on. When our spiritual courage is tested, Hudson Taylor coaches us to reach out to God's presence and acknowledge that when we are weak, He is strong.

No comments: