About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, April 2, 2007

Interesting Perspective

I'm heading to the eye doctor today for a laser procedure on my left eye. It seems that there is some cloudiness that has developed as a result of cataract surgery that I had a little over a year ago. It is supposed to be a very quick procedure and no restrictions afterward. I am not writing to bore anyone with a minor procedure - but it is significant in my life for the following reasons. I can easily remember many other eye procedures that were much more serious in my life. When I reflect on those difficult days I remember what it was like to be anxious and fearful. With this latest situation in my left eye (even before my diagnosis) I have noticed that I have not had the same kind of fear. I'm not sure I understand all the reasons why - but one thing I know for sure. God has helped me learn some lessons about trust. I am learning to trust the Lord. I am learning that God will be with me no matter what. If my heart belongs to Him then it follows that my eyes do too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great last line! What a profound realization, and one that can be applied to so many areas of our lives!