About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

How's the weather

Is it Winter? Is it Spring? Is it Summer? Good questions that you may have asked in the past couple of weeks. The response of my flowers and shrubs is not encouraging. First they bloom, then they freeze. I'm sure they will be back. I'm not too worried. However, I think it is interesting that I have acted the least bit surprised by the weather. After all, it's East Tennesse. March-April in East Tennessee is supposed to be a mixture of all seasons. I remember one April when it snowed about five inches midway through the month. Our amazement at the changes in weather are not confined to the physical world. Sometimes changes in our lives seem to catch us off guard. There have been many times that I have moved from a time of rebirth and fruitfulness into a a quick freeze of outward evidence of the favor of God. What does it mean? That's a good question. Most of the time we spend more energy asking the questions and expressing our surprise than we do recognizing God's faithfulness through the changes.

1 comment:

Lucas Lloyd said...

Pastor Paul!! I learned today from Heather that you were keeping this blog. I've really enjoyed getting to read up on your last few entries. You illustrate and expound so naturally, it's wonderful.

I've missed everyone at Heritage so terribly these last few weeks, especially leading up to and including Easter. I've missed the pageant in a way that was both surprising and deeply affecting. Fortunately I've heard a lot of great things about the more casual but no-less-profound services you had instead -- Mom really got a lot from the Thursday and Friday services; that was great to hear.

The blessings of God that you've internalized in your own life are now getting to overflow to others, in your blog and in your pastoring. May you continue to be blessed, and even more so. I look forward to reading more of your entries . . .