About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year

New Year New Me? As I arrived at the gym this morning, I was reminded by the full parking lot that it is the first week of January. I saw a few new faces wondering around with fresh resolve. Don't get me wrong, it's never a bad time to make good decisions about improving health. Every habit begins with the first step. Whether it is our physical or spiritual health it's a good time to make plans for a better year. However, beware the quick fix. It's not likely nor healthy to lose 10 lbs. this week. Likewise, I doubt that my spiritual character will change dramatically this week. But, I plan to be more spiritually mature, more like Jesus at the end of 2009 than I am today and today is an important part of that journey. Be encouraged and heed the advice of the writer of Hebrews. Keep your eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. As long as we keep our focus on Him we will continue to move toward Him.

No comments: