About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Looking ahead

One of my favorite definitions of "vision" is that it is the story you want your life to tell. I love to think in terms of that kind of vision for me personally and also for the church. What is the story I want to tell with my life? One reason that definition is so powerful is that it is easy to see that Jesus was the greatest storyteller ever. Not only did His life tell the ultimate story, but he interjected timeless truths into story form. The result? We are pulled into the story. We are allowed to examine our lives with new perspective. We become the "sower" who does or does not throw seed out for a harvest. We become the "good samaritan", or not. Every day is a paragraph, every week a page, every month a chapter.

No comments: