About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Daily Awe

Paul David Tripp, in his book, Dangerous Calling warns against the danger of “losing your awe” of God. Although Tripp aims his message toward pastoral ministry, I believe his words apply to all followers of Jesus. He issues a challenge. We are to cultivate our relationship with God every day. Without such cultivation we diminish our ministry to those God places in our path every day. Consider Tripp’s words:

“If you are feeding your soul every day on the grace and glory of God, if you are in worshipful awe of His wisdom and power, if you are spiritually stunned by His faithfulness and love, and if you are daily motivated by his presence and promises, then you want to do everything you can to capture and display that glory to the people God has placed in your care.” (p. 138)

Is “worshipful awe” foreign to me? How long since I have been “spiritually stunned” by God’s faithfulness and “daily motivated” by His presence?

No comments: