About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, March 30, 2012

Palm Sunday

Lord , you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things,things planned long ago...On this mountain he will destroy the shroud that enfolds all peoples,the sheet that covers all nations; he will swallow up death forever.The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth.The Lord has spoken. (Isaiah 25:1, 7, 8 TNIV)

As I prepare my heart for Palm Sunday, I am thinking about the faithfulness of God. The Gospels allow us a glimpse of the fierce determination that drove Jesus to Jerusalem. It was, not only to fulfill the powerful prophetic depiction of his entry into the city on a donkey, but to rescue his people from the shroud of death that sin had brought. When the prophet Isaiah looked forward, he drew from the forever past. The dramatic celebration as Jesus rode into Jerusalem was a signal that the "things planned long ago" had not been forgotten. God was prepared and able to "swallow death forever". It was fitting that the crowds shouted "Hosanna" as the Savior rode into the city.

No comments: