About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, March 10, 2012

The "time change"

I grew up with it. Joyfully, I escaped it for five years while living in Arizona. But, there's no hiding from it tonight. It's what we call the "time change". Of course, the time doesn't change. The clocks do. We pretend the time changes for a few months and then pretend it does again. Our desire to change time doesn't just occur on these two days. We try to "change" time most of our lives. We try to feed the illusion of control. Even though, each day affords us all the time we need to be good stewards of the life that God has given us, we want to make time obey our desires. It will not. We are wise to maintain our focus on God first and the clock second.  The Psalmist restores our perspective. He reminds us that God is bigger than time. "Even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you" (Psalm 139:12). 

No comments: