About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 27, 2012

The Way


Jesus answered, I am the way, the truth and the life.
John 14:6

Today, I was honored to speak at Nan Kingsley’s funeral. Nan’s testimony is alive in my heart. She lived a life of faith and courage. As I walked to the graveside and prepared to share a few words with the family and friends who gathered, I reflected on the words of David. His perspective as a shepherd is comforting. The words of the sheep spoken to the shepherd provide assurance. As my footsteps took me between the graves of those who have gone home before me, I meditated on David’s words, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear because You are with me. The presence of the Good Shepherd is irreplaceable. When Jesus was preparing for his own death, He affirmed the deep truth contained within the Psalm. Jesus said, “I am the way”.  Jesus is the way “through”. No matter the depth of the valley. No matter the magnitude of the challenge. Our way “through” is Jesus. Even in death, Jesus is the way through to our eternal home with Him.

No comments: