About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Nanny's going home

Sometimes we need the proper context to appreciate the greatness of the Word of God. There are moments in our lives when the truths of God take on new meaning. As I spend time with Lynn’s grandmother in the closing hours of her life. The obvious aspects of mortality seem to stare me in the face. Yet, immortality breaks through. It’s natural to focus on what is seen rather than what is unseen. It’s understandable to obsess over what is happening now rather than what is unfolding before us. But, we have an opportunity to rest in so much more and we find the words that reveal the truth.

It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken." With that same spirit of faith we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you in his presence. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:13-18

No comments: