About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Great Devotional Thoughts

We were reading a devotional from Max Lucado's "Just Like Jesus" last night. I really like how he answers a couple of questions that I hear so often. How do I live in God's presence? How can you and I grow familiar with the voice of God? Here's his answer:

Give God your waking thoughts - Before you face the day, face the Father. Before you step out of bed, step into His presence.

Give God your waiting thoughts - Spend time with Him in silence.

Give God your whispering thoughts - Imagine considering every moment as a potential time of communion with God.

Give God your waning thoughts - At the end of the day, let your mind settle on Him. Conclude the day as you begain it: talking to God.

No comments: