About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Heart and Soul of Christian Leadership: Part Six

Christian leadership is marked by faithfulness. I would describe faithfulness in terms of executing our mission. God has "called" every person to participate in His mission of loving others and sharing Jesus. When I survey the Christian landscape for leaders that is a characteristic that is non-negotiable. Mission is more than a catchy slogan that is easily remembered. It is a passion within us that is expressed through life. It is more than certain actions or behaviors, though they provide evidence. Real mission consumes us. That sparks execution. I love to read about the first century followers of Jesus who responded to those who ordered them to cease from executing the mission of God. What was their response? "We cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard" (Acts 4:20). They were consumed with the mission of God. Christian leaders execute the mission.

No comments: