About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's your definition of courage?

What is courage? It's hard for me to imagine courage apart from a need for courage. Does that make sense? Courage is not courage until it is proven in battle. I think about men and women that I know who are serving in Iraq or Afghanistan today. Their courage is proven day by day. I think about many friends who fighting battles with their health and I admire their courage. I have been studying Joshua. This Sunday I will share some thoughts about the Lord's "en-couragement" to Joshua. The Lord told Joshua to be "strong and courageous". Those are words that we need to take to heart. Strength and courage go hand in hand. Psalm 27 explains.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When evildoers assail me to eat up my flesh, my adversaries and foes, it is they who stumble and fall. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.
(Psalms 27:1-3)

No comments: