About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The effects of Faith

I am somewhat of an unwilling expert when it comes to things that can affect my vision. I am fairly conversant on the good benefits of well-regulated blood glucose levels in diabetics. Unfortunately, I also learned about the ugly side of diabetic retinopathy. My recent retina exam brought about lots of thanksgiving in my heart. I thank God for my good health and it encourages me to continue to be diligent with my diabetes management - especially now that I need to set the example for Nick (who is doing an awesome job!) Just as a number of things can effect our physical vision, so it is with our spiritual vision. Nothing affects our vision quite like our faith in God. Our faith in God affects the way we see everything. Two people can see the same situation so differently. Recently I was reading a book by Eugene Peterson entitled "The Quest". In it, Peterson writes, "the meaning of the world is most accurately given to us by God's Word". It's a great reminder to pause and consider how God would have us see our situation before we draw our conclusions.

No comments: