About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Buying Popcorn and a Coke

Not long ago I went to the Orange and White game at Neyland Stadium. It's a little different than a real game in the Fall, but it's a lot of fun. Nick has always enjoyed going to football games - I have to admit that some of his enjoyment is attached to popcorn, hot dogs and other refreshments. So, as usual I made my way to the concession stand at the beginning of the game. I had a real problem finding the right concessions and I was gone for quite a while and I missed a good portion of the start of the game. To me this is an accurate picture of what happened in Samaria in John 4. Jesus sat down at a well and brought life to a hurting woman who had a great thirst for new life. Meanwhile the disciples went to the concession stand and missed the game. (John 4:8) When the disciples got back Jesus tried to explain what happened. Most of the time I have focused on the conversation between Jesus and the woman in my studying of John 4. This Sunday my message will include some thoughts about our similarity to the twelve disciples.

No comments: