About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Reaction to Tragedy

Media coverage of the tragic shooting at the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church in Knoxville has been extensive over the past few days. I was shocked as I turned on my radio in the car on Sunday afternoon and learned that a man had entered the church during the morning service and opened fire on the congregation. Two people are dead and six others are wounded as a result of his actions. Details about the shooter, 58 year-old Jim Adkisson have been emerging in the coverage. As information fills the airways, it seems that we all like to formulate some understanding of the "why" and "how" of such painful events. Thus far, the details that have emerged have done nothing to ease the pain.

No comments: