About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Three Words

Repent, and believe in the gospel." (Mark 1:15)
Follow Me (Mark 1:17)

Repent, Believe, Follow. These three words will be the focus of my attention for the next few weeks. They are the words of Jesus found in the first chapter of Mark. They are significant markers that point the way to radical transformation. As a matter of fact, I believe the message of these three words is unavoidable in life. We must confront the need for repentance if we have any concern for direction in life. All of us must reckon with the question of belief. And in the infamous words of Bob Dylan, we gotta "serve somebody". Who do we follow? Three words strategically located in the early pages of the Gospel according to Mark. Jesus knew they packed the power to rock our world. But, that's why He came.

2 comments:

LPinchback said...

I very much enjoyed reading your blog. It is daily inspiration in this time of limbo for my family. We are looking forward to our move to TN and to visiting your congregation. (also enjoy your video sermons online)

Lenette Pinchback

Paul Metler, Ph.D. said...

Thanks so much. We look forward to your move to the area. God bless you in the transition time.