About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, February 4, 2008

Happy Camper


Everybody loves an underdog. I have to admit that I am a happy camper today. I was thrilled to see the New York Giants defeat the New England Patriots. I was pulling for the Giants even though they were given little or no chance to defeat the previously undefeated Pats. To quote the old cliche - that's why they play the game. It was clear in the final drive to the endzone that the Giants believed that they could win. They were determined to finish strong. During the current Sunday morning message series I have referred to the opening words of Hebrews 12 several times. The words were written to some early followers of Christ who were beginning to feel like "underdogs". They were growing fearful of the threat of persecution. The challenge to them (and to us) was to be diligent and encourage one another. Finish strong.

No comments: