About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Change your perspective

I am sharing a message with our Youth tonight. In preparation, I was reading in Acts 8 where Philip was directed by an angel of the Lord "to go toward the south along the road which goes from Jerusalem to Gaza". When Philip went on the road he met an Ethiopian who was riding in a chariot and reading the prophet Isaiah. Philip helps him understand what he is reading and helps him believe in Jesus. Usually I read this story from Philip's perspective. I think about his obedience and how I should be ready and willing to go and share my faith. However, it is very valuable to read the story from the Ethiopian's perspective. He was reading Isaiah and trying to understand. But, he needed help and guidance. The fact that Philip came and shared is a testimony of God's love for the Ethiopian and God's perfect knowledge of his need for help. How often do we recognize that God sends us help when we need it most? How often do we appreciate God's love for us? I can hear the silent "sigh" of the Ethiopian as he read. I can hear him whisper, "I wish I understood". And God heard and answered.

No comments: