About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy Leap Day

What a great solution to match up our calendar with the solar year! Because it takes the earth 365 days, 5 hours, 48 minutes, and 46 seconds to travel around the year, we have "provided" another day on the calendar every four years. Wouldn't it be nice to add a day "as needed" to our schedules the same whay we do with our calendar? Behind schedule on a deadline? Just add a "leap day" to catch up. We would probably want more than one day every four years. I have been studying "belief" in preparation for the message on Sunday. Once of the greatest challenges to our faith relates to our view of time. When I was in college I heard a message about time that has stuck with me through the years. One of the most significant points in the sermon was a reminder that every day is a "provided" day. God is the provider. Taking that personally is a challenge. In other words, today is a day that God has provided for me. That means that God had some things in mind for me on the day. It is nearly 5:30 pm. How well have I done so far? Along with the day, God "provides" everything I need to be faithful, obedient and fruitful. Believe.

No comments: