About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Begin the day with confidence

When I woke up this morning I spent a few moments meditating about what I needed to get accomplished today. "Meditating" sounds so much more spiritual than worrying doesn't it? As I thought about the day I was reminded that the Holy Spirit is my guide and my helper. The Holy Spirit is able to provide everything I need within my life today. I am able to do everything God wants me to do today if I will allow and rely upon His help. I have thought a lot about "repentance" this week. The message on Sunday was a reminder that repentance is much more than we often think it is. It is not simply saying "I'm sorry". Repentance is a change of mind, a change of direction. It is a commitment to go toward God rather than away from God. As it relates to our daily activities, our greatest need for repentance may relate to our desire to rely upon our own strength rather than depend upon God's strength and guidance each day. God's early morning reminder to me was that He is my help.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I wish so much that I had been there to hear the messages lately. I hope to be back soon because of a new job, LOL, and it should mean more money for driving in from Knoxville ... but the repentance messages would really have been something I'm sure. I've got a friend right now who is going through something and could have used the scriptures ... I'll be sure to catch them on tv though!