About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 30, 2013

Glorious Transformation


The former account I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, until the day in which He was taken up, after He through the Holy Spirit had given commandments to the apostles whom He had chosen, to whom He also presented Himself alive after His suffering by many infallible proofs, being seen by them during forty days and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God. (Acts 1:1-3)

In my study this week I will be preparing for a couple of messages from the book of Acts. How is it possible to describe the dynamic work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of believers who lived in the wake of the resurrection and ascension of Jesus? In Acts, Luke continues his account of the power of the Gospel in the early church. Men and women began to live out the “Great Commission”. The book of Acts inspires and challenges me. The book of Acts helps me understand what it means to live for Christ no matter the cost and no matter the challenges. At the beginning of the twenty-first century, Claude Payne and Hamilton Beazley released a book entitled “Reclaiming the Great Commission”. Their words summarize my thoughts today:

“In a world beset by trials and tribulations, the promise of personal transformation, which will enable one to surmount and even embrace such difficulties, is much to be desired. Glorious transformation puts the individual in touch with eternal spiritual values that satisfy rather than with temporal and materialistic values that disappoint. Spiritual growth and centering and a release from the traps of false idols are all aspects of the glorious transformation that a life in Christ provides.”

Is “glorious transformation” the main theme of my life? Is it the central message of my life story?

No comments: