About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Way


I am the way, the truth and the life.
Jesus

Thomas a´ Kempis shared the message of Jesus this way:

“Follow thou me. I am the way and the truth and the life. Without the way there is no going; without the truth there is no knowing; without the life there is no living. I am the way which thou must follow; the truth with thou must believe; the life for which thou must hope. I am the inviolable way; the infallible truth; the never-ending life. I am the straightest way, the sovereign truth; life true, life blessed, life uncreated.”

I like to think of life as a journey. My journey has a beginning and an end. It has a path that leads to a destination. In my mind, I equate the “way” to the path that is cobbled together with choices, decisions and life-experiences. The way is before me and evident in my rear view mirror as well. But Jesus adds a completely different dimension to my thinking. Jesus is more than a traveling companion. He is more than a divine guide. It’s not as though He merely points and says, “Go this way.” Jesus boldly declares, “I am the way.” Kempis emphasizes our utter dependence on Jesus. We need Jesus because “without the way there is no going.” Whether I am thinking about my entire life or just today, Jesus is the way.

No comments: