About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Long Chapter

It's a common expression. This has been a "long chapter" in my life. As I reflect today on the death of Jesus, I can't help but think about how we struggle to "wait". I have met very few people who describe "patience" as "My number one virtue". Matthew 27 opens with a statement about the decision of the chief priests and elders to "put Jesus to death". Matthew 27 closes with the body of Jesus in a guarded tomb sealed and protected. It is the time between death and resurrection. Though it's easy to admit on a theological level that it was a necessary time, it does not change the fact that it was difficult. Waiting for the resurrection. God is faithful. God is true. Too often our waiting connects more easily with fear and doubt instead of God. The next chapter seems distant. The hope of a new dawn seems to fade. But, if we listen carefully we will hear things during the wait that will surprise us. It is the voice of a centurion and not a disciple that breaks in to affirm the truth. "Surely He was the Son of God". 

No comments: