About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Asking the hard questions

It's the end of the year. Not sure why, but resolutions always seem to get all the press. Whatever happened to reflection? I'm not knocking forward thinking. I'm not bashing goal setting. It's just that I can't imagine moving forward without taking inventory. That means it's time to ask some hard questions. Actually, it's just one question. It's a question that I revisit each year. Am I more like Jesus today than I was last year? From God's perspective, everything that happened in 2011 could have worked toward that goal in my life.The good, the bad and the ugly all provided opportunities for me to continue the process of becoming more like Jesus. Of course the big question does lead to other questions concerning the things that have concerned followers of Jesus throughout the ages. Did I desire what God desires? (Affections) Did I see what God revealed to me? (Vision) Did I use what God gave me for His glory? (Stewardship) Am I less selfish? Am I more loving? Was I a positive influence on others? (Salt and Light) These questions help me prepare for 2012.

No comments: