About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Wait Quietly

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. (Lamentations 3:25, 26 TNIV)

Lamentations is a gruesome description of the judgement of God. That's one reason why chapter three is so striking. In the midst of lament there is a beautiful message of hope. Ironically, Lamentations teaches us to "wait quietly" when the storms of life are raging. Difficult? Of course it is. Consider the following words from Leonard Sweet:

"When water is still, it becomes clear. So, too, the mind and soul"

It is very difficult for us to recognize the salvation of the Lord during painful times without quieting our mind and soul and turning our focus toward our Lord.

No comments: