About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 26, 2011

Twinkle Twinkle little star

Matthew 2:1-2
…Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, “Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star when it rose and have come to worship him.”


Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are. Most of us can sing along. In fact, Lynn and I used to sing it to Nick when he was a little baby each night when we would put him to bed. But, few people can sing the lyrics of the entire song written by Jane Taylor back in 1806. I like the third verse.

Then the traveler in the dark
Thanks you for your tiny spark;
He could not see which way to go,
If you did not twinkle so.
Twinkle, twinkle, little star,
How I wonder what you are!


Such is the story of my life. All along the way, God has provided light for me. First, He provided light through the love and guidance of godly parents. Then, God has been gracious to supply a host of teachers who have helped to illuminate my way. Each spark has been magnified by the presence of the Holy Spirit in my heart. So many times when I could have been the traveler who could not see the way to go, God has been faithful to provide the spark to lead me home to Him. Many paths appear the same in the dark, but only one brings the wise to their knees in worship of the King.

No comments: