About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Monday, December 5, 2011

God is reaching

Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has come to His people and redeemed them. He has raised up a horn of Salvation for us in the house of His servant David.
Luke 1:68-69

So often, when I read the Bible, I recognize that the Lord is reaching out to me. The message of Scripture is not static. The Word of God is alive. In the words of Zechariah, the father of John the Baptist, God reaches out “to rescue us from the hand of our enemies and to enable us to serve Him”. Harriet Beecher Stowe once described literature this way. She said, “A book is a hand stretched forth in the dark passage of life to see if there is another hand to meet it.” As we begin to turn our thoughts toward the Christmas season we need to give praise the Lord who has visited us. Jesus reached into our darkness to rescue us. We need to remember the words of the old song “When my Savior reached down for me”.

Once my soul was astray from the heavenly way
I was wretched and blind as could be
But my Savior in love gave me peace from above
When he reached down his hand for me

When the Savior reached down for me
When he reached way down for me
I was lost and undone without God or his Son
When he reached down his hand for me

No comments: