About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow Time

It's snowing! What is it about snow that changes everything? Is "snowmania" hardwired into the genetic code of East Tennesseans? Even the forecast of flurries stirs up the inner child within. Secretly, I long for 90 degree weather. I dare not speak it out loud on a day like today. Everyone is excited. Groceries stores are packed. People are wondering how they will navigate through the 1 mm deep dry snow pellets that have already almost slightly covered some patches of a few spots in shady areas of one road somewhere in the highest elevations of the county. Fortunately, I have some leftover saltine crackers in my car just in case I get caught in a "white-out" on the way home tonight. All kidding aside, God made snow beautiful. It is an amazing phenomenon. Aside from "snowmania" there is something peaceful about snowfall. It makes me stop and look out the window for a moment. It is a peaceful pause to see the creative handiwork of God in the snowflakes that fall from the sky. Enjoy.

No comments: