About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Destination

It's so easy to live a nearsighted life, especially when it relates to the trajectory of our decisions and actions. When we track the well-publicized failures like that of Tiger Woods or John Edwards, we wonder out loud how they made tragic choices without considering the moral, personal, political, financial wake. Their choices sadden me, especially when considering the affect on family members. I have been pondering the importance of considering our destination. God has created us with a destination in mind. His plan is more than a mapquest that leads us home. It is a journey that leads to the development of Christ likeness all along the way. This week as I have continued to study in the book of Romans, I have had a fresh reminder that sin leads to death and serving God leads to holiness. Life leads us somewhere. Where are you going today? Alongside of the warnings of Romans is a great reminder that "U-turns" are permitted. Thank God for grace.

No comments: