About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Looking forward

Jesus said, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God" (Luke 9:62). The context of Luke 9:57-62 is challenging. Jesus issues an invitation to "follow" to several who delay their obedience due to a number of issues. Though it would be easy for us to justify the importance of those distractions that prevented them from following Jesus, we would be wise to recognize the profound message at the end of the passage. When we follow Jesus we are looking ahead and not behind. Without exception we all begin 2010 with issues and distractions that could hinder our commitment to follow Jesus this year. However, I am excited about following Jesus this year. I am encouraged to look forward to One who leads me. The illustration Jesus chose to make His point is that of a person who serves in the kingdom of God. It's a great reminder. Jesus leads us to serve in 2010.

No comments: