About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Sideline

We were on the way to one of Nick's football games when he made an astute observation about the NFL. He said "have you ever noticed that most of the players on the roster never get in the game"? We had a conversation about the reason that is the case. Also, I shared with him that they get paid rather well, whether they get their uniforms dirty or not. Nick loves footbball and currently he has a starting position on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. So, as a result, he doesn't spend much time on the sidelines. This week I am teaching a class at our seminary on "leading and mobilizing" people in ministry. Based on Nick's comment, I think he identified the essence of the course. How do we get people off the sidelines and into the game? When it comes to followers of "coach" Jesus. He has already called our number. We, like the pro players on the sidelines, have received great benefits.

No comments: