About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Contagious

The "flu season" has started early this year. Already, a number of school systems have closed due to illness. I don't ever remember that happening in September. Nick has had a number of friends who have the flu. On Thursday a friend (who now has the flu)rode in the car with us. Friday night, Nick was at the football game with another friend (who now has the flu). This week, Nick has the flu. It's a reminder that the flu is contagious. Nick will be the sixth member of his football team to get the flu. This raises a question in my mind. What if good things were just as contagious? What if God's love spread this easily? What if the Gospel spread this easily? What if people couldn't help but be exposed to the grace of God through contact with us? In the words of Jesus, we are salt. We should spread our "saltiness" through our contact with others.

No comments: