About Me

My photo
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
Hello. Thanks for stopping by. If you care to read about what's crossing my mind or sticking in my heart I welcome you to my latest post. So, I hope you enjoy my ramblings. More importantly, I hope I can encourage you to join me in my quest to be a faithful follower of my Lord Jesus Christ.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Forgotten God

If you thought Francis Chan's "Crazy Love" was painful to read, don't pick up his latest. Chan doesn't waste much time getting to the point in "Forgotten God". He believes that something very important is missing in church today. That something is "Someone", the Holy Spirit. Here's how Chan introduces the book:

Without the Holy Spirit, people operate in their own strength and only accomplish human-size results. The world is not moved by love or actions that are of human creation. And the church is not empowered to live differently from any other gathering of people without the Holy Spirit. But, when believers live in the power of the Spirit, the evidence in their lives is supernatural. The church cannot help but be different, and the world cannot help but notice.

In my last blog, I asked how the presence of God in us could be as contagious as the flu. I think Chan expressed the answer pretty well.

No comments: